9 tips how to discover Hameln sustainable
– E-bike hire – Explore the most beautiful corners of the Weserbergland with one of our new Kalkhoff branded e-bikes
– Glide through our historical Old Town on a Segway tour and experience pure mobility on your journey into the natural landscape.
– Hiking around Hameln – up the mountain, down the mountain: always a good view! Hameln and its idyllic districts are embedded in some of the most heavily-forested mountain ridges in the charming landscape of the Weserbergland. Almost one-third of the city is forest, which makes Hamelin one of the most heavily-forested towns in Northern Germany.
– A canoe tour along the idyllic landscape surrounding the Weser river is the perfect experience to get your tired bones moving again
– Experience the century-old tradition of Weser rafting on a raft tour whilst allowing your gaze to wander over the passing landscape of the Weserbergland.
– Be amazed by the colourful diversity of seasonal products cultivated in the region during a saunter through the Hameln weekly market. The Hameln weekly market at the Rathausplatz (Town Hall Square) attracts visitors from near and far every Wednesday and Saturday from 7:00 to 13:00.
– Browse through the souvenir shop at the Tourist Information office, and discover other products from the region, in addition to typical Hameln souvenirs such as bread rats or Rattenkiller (Rat Killer herbal liqueur).
– The Tourist Information building is an energetically-optimised solar building. Photovoltaic modules spanning some 150 m2 supply electrical power and at the same time serve as static shading. Vacuum tube collectors support the heating, which does not require radiators and heats via a ventilation system. The fresh air conditioning system runs via underground channels. The building can be experienced as a low-energy house, because the photovoltaic and thermal solar energy ements are visibly and palpably incorporated into the design of the building.