Braunschweig Floßfahrt auf der Oker c) Steffen und Bach 9 BRAUNSCHWEIG INSIDER TIPS – WHAT YOU CERTAINLY DON’T WANT TO MISS IN THE LION CITY
What you certainly don’t want do miss in Braunschweig – 9 Insidertips how to spend a perfect day:
▪ Stroll through the majestic parks and natural scenery along the Oker river and discover the Lion City from the waterside with a boat trip.
▪ Marvel at one of the most important collections of early modern art in the world at the Herzog Anton Ulrich Museum or see one of the many exhibitions in other outstanding museums and galleries.
▪ Immerse yourself in the culinary world of Braunschweig, for example by sampling delicious white asparagus grown in the Lion City or enjoying Braunkohl, a subspecies of kale, in the autumn.
▪ Follow in the historical footsteps of the Guelphs and the Hanseatic merchants in Castle Square and the Old Town Market. ▪ Round off the day with a visit to the State Theatre or one of the many smaller theatres.
▪ Get a taste of the Lion City’s history! Sample the famous “Braun- schweiger Mumme” (Brunswick Mum), a favourite Hanseatic export.
▪ Wander through the small alleyways of the Magni district with its independent shops and picturesque half-timbered houses.
▪ Scale the Town Hall Tower to its height of 61 metres and enjoy the breathtaking view.
▪ Discover the former court life of the aristocrats at Richmond Palace.