Your holiday in Wolfenbüttel starts with a walk from the railway station to your selected accommodation. This will take you past beautiful Wilhelm period houses and through the Seeligerpark or along the Wallanlage (ramparts) with its ancient trees, and you can be in the Old Town in only a few minutes. The Old Town is a sight worth seeing with more than 1,000 half-timbered houses, lovely squares and of course the Welfenschloss (Guelph palace), the world-famous Duke August’s library, the Lessinghaus, the new Memorial for the Victims of National Socialist Justice and the churches. A visit to the ‘Lessing town’ is particularly sustainable because its layout is so compact. All guided tours of the town centre can easily be managed on foot, and those looking to travel further afield can simply hire an e-bike at the step-free Tourist Information office. Wolfenbüttel is also ideal as a starting point for bike tours in the region.
Wolfenbüttel has an outstanding public transport network. From the ICE railway station in the neighbouring city of Braunschweig, you can take the regional train to reach Wolfenbüttel in just under ten minutes, or the bus in just under 20 minutes. In addition, you can reach Berlin from Wolfenbüttel in just 1.5 hours.
– Owner-run luxury shops such as butchers, wine merchants, health food stores and much more
– Wednesdays and Saturdays Weekly marketwith regional organic produce
– Distinguished as a Bicycle-friendly municipality: e-bikes can be hired at the Tourist Information office for individuals and, subject to prior registration, also for groups; Tour tips, such as: By bike on the Lessing trail from Wolfenbüttel to Braunschweig and back again
– Family-friendly opportunities in the town with its rampart and park gardens: The LÖWEPfad forest experience path in the Lechlumer Holz at the northern edge of the town (can be reached by buses running every 15 minutes)
– Numerous canoe jetties/rentals along the River Oker for extended tours in the natural landscape
– Geocaching on the Lessing trail
– Good railway connections in the region: Braunschweig, Goslar, Harz mountains
Tel.: +49 5331 86-7708