– Hannover Card – big offers, small prices
– Hop-on Hop-off City tour in a double-decker pamoram bus
(Summer season: daily from 10.30 am to 4 pm, sat until 6 pm / also during Winter season)
– Exploring the city independently by following the “Red Thread”
– The Royal Gardens of Herrenhausen with the Niki de Saint Phalle Grotto
– Relax in the city centre around the lake Maschsee
– Hannover Adventure Zoo with seven theme landscapes
– Visit of the New Town Hall and travelling up to 97-metre-high dome in a unique curving lift
– Shopping in one of the largest pedestrian zones in Germany
– Soccer: Bundesliga games with Hannover 96
Experience big-city life. From opera, to variety, to a traditional Hannoverian pub with its own brewery, or a fashionable district Linden: Hannover has something for everyone.
Lütje-Lage: a very special local drink involving a glass of beer and a small glass of schnapps, which requires a very tricky drinking technique. Served throughout the year, not only at the traditional Marksmen’s Fair beer festival.
– A welcome and/or a guided city tour from the Pied Piper himself
– Traditional trade of glass-blowing at Hameln Glassworks
– Pied Piper house with an inscription referring to the children’s exodus
– Hochzeitshaus with the Pied Pier and moving figure carillon
– Leist House and Stiftsherren House (Hameln Museum)
– Relaxation during river cruising on the Weser
– Panoramic view of Hameln from the Klutberg
– Canoeing tours on the river Weser
– Bike tours along the Weser Bicycle Path
Many cosy restaurants in the Old Town serve international cuisine as well as local delicacies. Hameln Theatre hosts around 80 theatre companies and ensembles from around the world putting on around 200 performances each season.
In Hameln the grey cute little animals are on display of all kinds and for every taste. From flambéed rats tail to bread rats, and a whole variety of sweets in ratty shapes.
– UNESCO world heritage: Cathedral, Cathedral Museum and St. Michael´s Church
– World heritage exhibiton in the World heritage visitor center
– Guides in historic costumes lead you back to days gone by
– The Rose Route guides to the most important sights
– Ascent to the tower of the St. Andreas Church (114,5 meters)
– Ancient Egyptian collection in Roemer- and Pelizeaus Museum
– City museum in the Knochhauer Amtshaus, Cathedral-Museum
– Magdalenen Gartden, one of the oldest monastery gardens in Niedersachsen, reconstructed according to old plans from the baroque period
– Tours of the region, for example to the UNESCO Wolrd heritage Fagus-Werk in Alfeld (Bauhaus Architecture)
The “Theater for Niedersachen” for opera, chamber concerts, plays, Music theatre and children and youth theatre has an own firm Musical Company. Live music and open air events are waiting for you throughout the year.
According to the legend, Hildesheim’s origins are closely linked to the 1000-year-old rose bush growing on the apse of the cathedral. The city’s rose emblem adorns in a variety of guises the tasteful souvenirs on sale in the Tourist Information Office.
Hannover – Steinhude: 35 km, 45 minutes
Hannover – Hameln: 50 km, 50 minutes
Steinhude – Hameln: 60 km, 60 minutes
Hameln – Schloss Marienburg: 35 km, 40 minutes
Schloss Marienburg – Hildesheim: 15 km, 15 minutes
Hameln – Hildesheim: 50 km, 60 minutes
Hildesheim – Hannover: 30 km, 40 minutes