– Guided experience tours around the old hanseatic town
– Tour of the Medieval Town Hall
– Salt production in the Salt Museum
– Visit to the only North German Brewery Museum
– Brewery Company banquet in the Kronenbrauhaus brewery
– Tour of Lüne Convent
– Lüneburg salt spa leisure pool (SaLü)
– Beautiful views: Kalkberg nature conservation area with a panoramic view over Lüneburg / Water Tower viewing platform 56 metres above the ground
– Horse-drawn coach trips and shepherd evenings in the mellow heather-covered heathlands of the Lüneburger Heath
Do you know that Lüneburg boasts the second-highest number of pubs per square metre in Europe after Madrid. Two stretches of bars invite you to stroll past or linger around. “Am Stintmarkt”, the town´s old river harbour, where you will find Lüneburg´s longest continuous row of pubs. The other is Schröderstrasse, a favorite shopping strip, where you can sip a coffee in one of the many bars while watching the city buzz.
Salt: ample evidence of the commercial wealth accrued from the white gold is found in every corner of this former Hanseatic city: from the salt works in the Salt Museum to the SaLü salt spa.
– Old Town steeped in half-timbered houses and history
– Relaxed shopping athmosphere in historical surroundings
– Bauhaus experience with guided tours, Bauhaus architecture and Bauhus café
– Ducal Palace with baroque theatre and Palace Chappell
– Town Church with tombs of the Guelph dukes
– 24-hour Art Museum
– Residential Museum and Bomann Museum
– Medicnal Herb Garden and Bee Institute
– Wienhausen Convent
Performances in the Celle Palace Theatre: the only baroque theatre in Germany with its own cast still in regular use.
Celle delicacies: Roast Heide lamb, heather honey and Heide asparagus: Celles resturants serve expertly preperade deliecacies from the Lüneburg heath.
Lüneburg – Wilsede: 40 km, 60 minutes
Wilsede – Celle: 60 km, 70 minutes
Lüneburg – Celle: 85 km, 80 minutes