Sustainability plays a major role in our work and in our thinking. Together with our partners, we focus on achieving a sustainable Lüneburg through various projects. The StadtRAD – our bicycle hire system– has become part of the townscape, as well as the bicycle car park at the railway station and our car sharing system which includes stations in many parts of town. In addition, our town falls within the Hamburg Verkehrsverbund (transport authority). Many destinations, including Hamburg, can thus easily be reached using the public transport network. Lüneburg’s pedestrian zone is car-free and features many small but special owner-run shops. RECUP cups for hot drinks are handed out in the cafés, and Boomerang bags are available for shopping.
The town has many green oases, such as the Kurpark (spa gardens) with the Gradierwerk (graduation works), the Liebesgrund square and the Tiergarten (zoological gardens). Twice a week on Wednesdays and Saturdays, market stalls offer regional fruit, vegetables, meat, cheese and ham and sausages as well as plants and spices on the market square in front of the town hall. Visitors to Lüneburg can also enjoy regional and seasonal specialities in many restaurants.
– StadtRAD (city bikes) and a bicycle car park at the railway station
– Traffic-calmed pedestrian zone
– Many restaurants with a regional and seasonal focus
– Regional weekly market
– Efficiently-networked range of car sharing options across the entire city and in the district
– Green oases such as the Kurpark (spa gardens) with the Gradierwerk (graduation works), the Liebesgrund square und the Tiergarten (zoological gardens)
– Many owner-run businesses
– Guided hikes and walks can be booked at the Tourist Information office
– RECUP cups and Boomerang bags available in many shops and culinary establishments
Why not explore Lüneburg on your own? Using the new self-guided tour packs available from Tourist Information, visitors can now go on their very own tour of discovery. Whether the Kurpark, the pedestrian zone, the Stint (the old fish market) or the zoological gardens, on foot or by StadtRAD, visitors are free to move around at their own pace, and decide for themselves where they would like to go and how long to stay there. The set (a child and adult version is available in English and French), consisting of a pen and pad with a list of tasks and lots of information on the tourist attractions in the city, costs € 2.50 per set.
Lüneburg Marketing GmbH
Tel.: +49 4131 2076620