Experience unforgettable moments in this thousand year-old imperial City and discover Goslar in a sustainable way. Experience medieval charm, narrow streets, slate-clad, half-timbered houses and nostalgic flair. Submerge yourself in the history of the city, look forward to impressive historic architecture and discover your own personal highlights. Take a break from everyday life during a hike or a guided bike tour, and enjoy the fresh air of the Harz region.
– Relax on the journey by travelling to Goslar by train – the town has a railway connection (regional line), including to the ICE railway stations in Hannover, Hildesheim and Braunschweig.
– Discover the Harz region by bus and train. Guests staying in overnight accommodation can travel free of charge with HATIX.
– Enjoy vegetarian and vegan delicacies in the Café-Bistro Schneeweiss & Rosenrot or in the Restaurant Soup & Soul Kitchen.
– Save on plastic when shopping by visiting the Unverpackt Laden in Goslar, an ‘unpackaged’ shop where items are not wrapped in plastic packaging.
– Be aware of what you eat and enjoy regional produce with the ‘Typical Harz’ brand, e.g. at the Bäcker Braun (baker), the Brauhaus Goslar (brewery), the Klosterbrennerei (monastery distillery) Wöltingerode, in the Fleischerei Henning Kluß (butcher’s) or at the Klosterimkerei (monastery apiary) Grauhof.
– Wander through one of the Goslar weekly markets, and purchase fresh regional and seasonal produce from local traders.
– Saunter through the cosy alleyways of Goslar Old Town with its owner-run shops and striking slate and half-timbered houses, and explore the town using our audio guide.
– Discover the Harz region and its beautiful natural landscape on two wheels during a guided bike tour on an e-bike, trekking bike or mountain bike.
– Hike along the Liebesbankweg in Hahnenklee to enjoy the natural scenery there.
GOSLAR marketing gmbh