As a key location for modern science, Göttingen has always kept pace with the times. Three universities, five Max Planck Institutes and numerous other research establishments continuously strive to make our lives even more worth living. Of course, the topic of sustainability has become increasingly significant. Going beyond these institutions, the Göttingen region has forged ahead over the past years. Projects such as the Klimaschutztage (Climate Protection Days) featuring numerous campaigns to promote sustainability have been a fixed component of the calendar for residents and visitors of Göttingen alike for years. Environmentally-friendly shopping is a matter of course in many shops and is promoted by the city through the Göttinger Klimakarte (Climate Card).
– Get the day off to a good start with a vegan breakfast at the P-Café
– Shopping at Contigo – fair trade and sustainable – a Göttingen concept
– Use the RECUP system for a good coffee to go
– Hire an e-bike in the cycle city of Göttingen
– Try out the cycle fast lane from the railway station to the northern edge of the city
– Experience environmentally-friendly shopping with the Göttinger Klimakarte (Climate Card), valid in many shops
– Save on plastic waste in our ‘unpackaged’ shops selling produce without packaging
– Enjoy the weekly market with its southern flair and regional products
– Visit the Naturschwimmbad (natural swimming baths) in Grone
Discover Göttingen on a guided tour of the city by bike
Once you have circled the heart of the city centre, the route leads via the bike fast lane through green parks and the Wilhelm historical district before making short stops at spots associated with famous figures from Göttingen. There are hardly any hills on the route, which makes this tour suitable for anyone, regardless of your cycling stamina!
Duration: 2 hours; Price: € 100.00, max. 10 participants per group
Göttingen Tourismus e.V.
Tourist Information / Am Alten Rathaus