Since 2017, Celle has been certified with the ‘Sustainable Destination’ TourCert award, thus becoming the first sustainable city in the whole of Northern Germany. We have dedicated ourselves to sustainability, and work together with our sustainable partners in tourist accommodation, tourist attractions, the hospitality and conference industries, retail trade, suppliers and transport modes to enable our guests to benefit from sustainability along the entire service chain. We take great effort to preserve the unique, listed half-timbered houses and structures typical of Celle, and to maintain traditions, promote regionalism and protect natural landscapes in order to preserve the identity and character of our region. We seek to be facilitators of the sustainability concept in our city, and thus gradually enthuse an increasing number of guests, inhabitants and also key players in the city, incorporating them into our development process. One way that everyone can make a contribution is to travel here by bus and train. Thanks to our well-developed rail network, this is no problem in Celle. We are looking forward to your visit!
– A bicycle tour on the Allerradweg – Perfect for relaxing in the natural landscape
– Heidschnuckenweg – What about a hike through the heath landscape on Northern Germany’s most beautiful hiking path?
– Take a canoe on the Aller – Experience our region and its natural landscape from a different perspective!
– Bieneninstitut (Bee Institute) – Discover the world of bees on a guided tour through our Bieneninstitut
– Heilpflanzengarten (Medicinal Herb Garden) – Visit one of the largest medicinal herb gardens in Europe
– Wochenmarkt (Weekly market) – Here you can experience fresh regional produce every Wednesday and Saturday
– Celler Badeland – Before visiting this bathing landscape, discover why it is so sustainable!
– Alter Provisor – Our herbal liqueur from Celle is the distilled essence of tradition and craft from past centuries.
– A guided tour of Bauhaus architecture – Discover buildings designed in the world-famous Bauhaus style by the most significant architect of the time, Otto Haesler
In Celle, sustainability has many facets. One of these is the inclusive Hotel Blumlage managed by Ms Hoeft. In this unique hotel, people with disabilities are included with great passion, and social sustainability is the main focus. The Hotel Blumlage is one of our sustainable partners and offers a sustainable flatrate. See sustainability in action in the Hotel Blumlage here:
Celle Tourismus und Marketing GmbH
Tel.: +49 5141 909080