9 Insider Tips how to spend a perfect day a Celle:
▪ A visit to the Bauhaus Museum. The museum dedicated to architect Otto Haesler near the old town has been given a makeover in time for the Bauhaus Centenary this year.
▪ Sample the original “Celle Raw Roulade”, a specialty unique to Celle, which can be found at restaurants such as Bierakademie, Thaers Wirtshaus, Schattauer and Ratskeller.
▪ St. Mary’s town church with trumpeter. Where else can you find this? The trumpeter plays various hymns from the lofty heights of the 74.5 metre-high church tower in the heart of the Old Town every day at 16:45 (Saturdays and Sundays at 9:45). The church tower can be climbed in the summer months, offering a unique view of the city.
▪ The world’s first 24-hour art museum with the Robert Simon collection
▪ Huths coffee shop & delicatessen with in-house roasting
▪ Visit to the Alter Provisor liqueur factory
▪ Visit the Aller river’s only remaining river fishers
▪ Listen to the talking lanterns in the Old Town
• Find the blunders in the inscriptions on the 490 half-timbered houses in the Old Town