At the Autostadt in Wolfsburg, you can experience mobility in all its various facets. Only a few minutes’ walk from Wolfsburg main railway station, shiny classic cars, exciting driving experiences, insights into the mobility of the future, unusual events and much more await you!
The diversity of the Autostadt reflects the wide orientation of Volkswagen as a global company, and its sense of corporate responsibility for people, culture and society. For this reason, art lovers will find just as much inspiration here as car fans, foodies, families or those seeking peace and quiet. And there is something else which strikes you about this automotive theme park: it is always changing. A town doesn’t just stand still. It is in constant flux.
In the same way, the Autostadt also moves with the times with new attractions and exhibitions, future forms of mobility and nutrition which takes our resources into account by being regional, seasonal and organic. The training area of the Autostadt focuses on how every individual can play a role in actively designing tomorrow’s world.
You can find more information on the Autostadt’s current projects and themes at www.autostadt.de/neudenken
– The multiple award-winning exhibition LEVEL GREEN – The idea of sustainability in the Autostadt KonzernForum vividly demonstrates the causes and consequences of unchecked resource consumption and climate change. Discover topics such as sustainable mobility, urban transformation or sustainable economic strategies, and get fun suggestions on how you can design your own lifestyle more sustainably.
– Experience sustainable driving fun with test drives of Volkswagen’s current electric and hybrid vehicles.
– Paths into the future of mobility: Familiarise yourself with Volkswagen’s new e-mobility using all of your senses in the interactive exhibition Get ready for ID.
– Screeching tyres, spectacular drifts, lots of adrenaline and yet gentle on resources – during a trip in the professional racing simulator, you will feel as though you really are on the racing track!
– Try creative interpretations of your favourite dishes at the Autostadt restaurants, made mostly from regional, seasonal and organic ingredients – special dietary requirements are also catered for. Enjoy the famous VW currywurst, whether you fancy the original, the organic Autostadt version or the vegan option.
– The Autostadt participates in the cross-city RECUP returnable cup system, so you can enjoy your takeaway coffee and then hand your cup into any of the numerous participating dealers or cafés.
– Shopping with a good conscience: You can find an ever-increasing number of sustainable products from different ranges in the Metropol Concept Store in the entrance area of the Autostadt.
– Take a walk through the lovingly-designed park and laguna landscape and enjoy the fragrance of more than 2000 flower pots in the ‘Dufttunnel’ (fragrance tunnel) by the Danish artist Olafur Eliasson, or keep an eye out for the nest boxes of native species of birds and bats, which the Autostadt has set up together with the Naturschutzbund (Society for the Conservation of Nature) Wolfsburg e. V. to promote species diversity on the site
– The Autostadt is a recognised extra-curricular learning location for mobility and for education on the subject of sustainable development. Within this scope, the Education department offers a wide range of workshops, rallies, guided tours and other events for students, trainees, children and families.
Would you like to experience a completely new driving sensation? The Autostadt invites you to an electrifying test drive with Volkswagen’s current electric vehicles.
And off we go on the car park in front of the ServiceHaus! There you can try out the charging process – using natural electricity from the Volkswagen Kraftwerk GmbH at the Autostadt charging stations. This electricity is generated in the Alpine region in run-of-river power plants. After that, you will join an experienced instructor on a 20-minute accompanied drive through Wolfsburg, during which you can experience the technology and the driving sensation of these energy-efficient and future-oriented vehicles at first hand.
You can book a Driving Experience in the current electric and hybrid models free of charge, depending on availability, on site in the Mobideck. The entrance to the Mobideck is signposted from the Autostadt ServiceHaus, close to the ServiceHaus car park.
Tel.: +49 5361 400