9 Insider tips how to spend a perfect day in Göttingen
▪ The ThOP, the university theatre, is located in an old spectators’ operating theatre for medical students. Ten to twelve in-house productions are held at this unusual venue every year.
▪ “A trip into Göttingen’s underworld” leads into the historical vaulted cellars in the old town. The tour reveals some of the secrets hiding in Göttingen’s underworld.
▪ At the Herbarium Bar in the new Freigeist design hotel, the herbs used in the cocktails are grown on the wall behind the bartenders. They also serve Von Hallers gin with herbs from the old botanical garden in Göttingen.
▪ Watch new graduates kiss the Little Goose Girl.
▪ Enjoy a relaxing breakfast in the Café Botanik.
▪ Wander around the little shops and boutiques in Göttingen’s side streets
▪ Stop for a break in the traditional Café Cron & Lanz.
▪ Immerse yourself in the exciting culture and nightlife of this